Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Transformation Tuesday

My transformation is not just physical, it has been mental and spiritual as well. I made a lot of excuses why I was overweight. And the more I said it to myself and explained it to others, the more I believed it was true and valid. 


My journey has taught me that the very first step to any transformation is to walk in your faults, to own up to your own imperfections. Once you do that, find out what you love about yourself and what you could change to become a better version of You. Next, set goals. Short and long-term goals. Setting short-term goals are stepping stones to help you achieve your ultimate or long-term goal. What is your inspiration? What will motivate you to reach this goal? This is where you really have to dig deep and and find out WHY you want to take these steps to change. Surround yourself with positive people! These will be your cheerleaders along your journey. It will not be an easy road. You will want to quit and believe me, you will need your group of supporters to uplift and encourage you to stay focused and keep going... This journey will change you whether you like it or not. Embrace your imperfections, your pain, your weaknesses. Grow from them if will. But remember that you are the author of your story... Write it and live it! Be fearless mamas and you can achieve what you once thought was impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment