Saturday, December 14, 2013

So Scrumptious Saturday: Veggie Stir Fry with Sweet Potato Noodles

Sometimes by the end of the week I have just random vegetables that I didn't get to use because I've overbought or menu plans had changed.   I hate wasting and a good solution to be sure to use ALL the vegetables before they go bad is to make a stir fry.  





My random veggies this week: 2 handfuls of mushrooms, 2 zucchinis, a half a bag of broccoli/snow peas meant for a stir fry, half an onion, mini carrots meant for the kids' lunches.  I chopped all of these up and threw them in a pot with a bit of sesame oil, garlic + pepper and cooked it with a light stir fry sauce (this changes with what I may have on hand but this time I used some low sodium soy sauce, honey, rice wine, and pureed ginger).  SO EASY.  Then I can pair this stir fry with any protein.  



Have you guys ever had Sweet Potato Noodles?  It's a glass noodle not to be confused with bean thread noodles or glass noodles.  I used sweet potato noodles with this stir fry because the kids love it.  But I also like it because it is gluten free and paleo friendly.  I noticed that this noodle is easier to digest vs. pasta or even rice. It has a different texture than pasta or typical chow mein noodles but it is perfect for most stir frys.  The package I used is pictured below and you can find it at most Asian food markets.


1 comment:

  1. This recipe is really great. This kind of dish are really delicious that's why I will never get tired of eating this. Anyway, thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete