Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Transformation Tuesday

As a wife and mother of two little girls, I was always busy taking care of everyone else but myself. Not realizing then, that in order to take care of my family and those who I care about, I actually needed to take care of myself FIRST. I use to think it was selfish to take time away from my husband and my girls to focus on ME. But the truth of the matter is, in order to give YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST, you have to work on being the best YOU can be. 


I remember countless times I would take Miyah (my oldest daughter) to the park and I would just sit on the bench watching her play. I thought, "I'd love to run and play with her, but I can't". I felt that if I tried, I wouldn't be able to keep up with her. And when I did try, I would get exhausted. How can I give my best to Miyah if I'm not at my best physically? What kind of example am I to my daughter? These were hard questions to ask myself that I could no longer avoid. You see, on the surface it's easy to hide behind the hair, the makeup, and the clothes. But once you take all that away, can you honestly say you are happy with yourself? I wasn't happy with the person I had become or let myself be (in the past). Anger, hurt, pain- it's all a part of life. We can't change those feelings,it's inevitable. But, we all have the power to change our attitude and the way we want to live out our life. It's in us, YOU just need to dig deep and find it. I'm here to tell you, IT IS POSSIBLE. IT IS WORTH IT. I'm able to run, play, hop, skip, and jump with both my girls! It's a great feeling!! So mamas, do it for those you care about. But most importantly, do it for YOU. Make yourself a priority. Take action to live longer, be stronger, & then persevere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment