Wednesday, February 19, 2014

GIG Wednesday- See Jane Run Ambassador


Yesterday, I received this email and I was ecstatic!!!
It's been a long, but wonderful journey so far.  I can't help but think of where I stand today versus where I stood just about 2 years ago. I was at my lowest point in my life: overweight, fearful of losing our first home just weeks after purchasing it because I lost my job, stressed, depressed, lost, and confused. I had no idea how my family and I were going to make it. I remember comforting myself with food even more so during this time. I felt that food was the only thing I could control. It wasn't before long that my unhealthy habits took a toll on me and I started having health issues. Junk food + Sedentary lifestyle not a great combination. I was bound to have health issues. I paved myself this road. Now, I was paving that same road for my two little girls. I FINALLY took charge and made drastic changes to our lifestyle to improve our health. I started with the foods we were eating. I eliminated all junk food, processed food, and anything with tons of sugars and fats! I slowly filled our fridge with fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. I used my resources and learned how to eat healthy. Then, started incorporating physical activity. I talked my husband into trying the Insanity program with me. That lasted a couple weeks. Since we didn't own a gym membership, we did our activities outdoors. It started with walks around the block, then walks to the park, next walks to the grocery store. Each walk we traveled a bit further. My goals at this time were being met by simply changing our eating habits and exercising. Then, I thought I would set a bigger goal. To do the very thing that I hated the most- RUNNING. 

Mind you, I couldn't run to save my life or if you paid me a million dollars. Of course, I would at least try if I were in these situations.  But, the sad fact is the outcome wouldn't be in my favor. I had a crazy idea that I would sign up for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. From no form of physical activity to wanting to complete a marathon was insane! So, I took it a step further and signed up for the FULL 26.2 miles!
Read the full blog on how I got started here.

Each step I've taken so far has brought me to where I was need be. All the steps I've taken has led me here as an Ambassador of See Jane Run. I am truly honored for this opportunity! Running has made a HUGE impact on my life. I would've never thought in a million years I would be where I am today. It's been a crazy ride for this mama! I can't wait to see what else is in store. Thank you SJR!

I have an incredible SJR giveaway in store for all you mama's out there! So, stay tuned!






3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love your story. What an inspiration you are to have taken on such lofty goals. Huge hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bqstrong! It has been quite a ride, but thankful for every hurdle I've had to climb *hugs*

      Delete

  2. Interesting article! Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone.

    auto parts manufacturing companies in china

    ReplyDelete