Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fit Mama of The Week: Melissa


This week, we reached 300 likes on the Fitness Mama FB page.  We cannot thank you all enough for all of the support!  Fitness Mama was started to help inspire and motivate women of all ages to be the healthiest they can be.  All of the 'likes', comments, and messages/stories you've all sent us since we started on FB just a few weeks ago has really turned it all around and has INSPIRED US here at Fitness Mama.  And as a way to give back, we want to recognize all of you Fit Mamas out there with a new weekly feature called Fit Mama of the Week.



Our very first Fit Mama of the week is Melissa Phillips Smith!  This Mama recently got married just last week.  She looked absolutely amazing in her wedding dress and the wedding was beautiful.  Congratulations Melissa and Anthony!!!


Name and age?
Melissa Smith.  I'm 35 years old.

What's your ethnicity?
I'm African American mixed with Native American, Irish and Portugese.  

Do you work outside the home? What do you do?
I work full time as an EKG/pacemaker technician.

Do you have any children?
Yes I have one daughter. 



You looked so amazing in your wedding dress!  A true Fitness Mama looking fit and healthy.  Have you always been into fitness?  If not, why did you start?
I haven't always been into fitness but I started to workout and eat healthier to stay healthy for myself and my 
family.


What keeps you motivated?
My friends and family keep me motivated!

Melissa's daughter and husband



How do you balance work, family and staying fit?
I am very fortunate that my employer provides a gym for their employees.  I work out during lunch breaks or after work.  I also find it motivating when it is so easy for me to get together with co-workers to have people to work out with so that it isn't boring.  We typically will get some cardio in on the treadmills and then do some squats or something for a strength workout.

Share with us what you would typically eat for meals.
Breakfasts have to be quick for me so I will sometimes have two eggs.  Or protein shakes.  For lunch, I'll have a salad or leftover dinners.  We try to prepare our foods as healthy as possible.  For example, we never fry our food and instead look for other ways to prepare food.  

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks for yourself and your family?
Fruits!  Our favorites are bananas.

What are some of you fitness goals for this year?
I would like to lose 15 more lbs. and I'd like to start running more often.

Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
My daughter!









Again, congratulations Melissa!!!  You are such a beautiful person inside and out.  We could not be more proud to have you as our very first Fit Mama of the Week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment