Tuesday, November 19, 2013

#TransformationTuesday and FM's Ultimate Transformation Journey Update



I found this photo that was taken two years ago. As you can see, I haven't always been big, but I've always had the BIG HAIR ! When I was heavier, I remember being asked on more than one occasion, if I was pregnant. Yes pregnant. And on other occasions, I would get "...but, you have such a pretty face." I never learned how to react or respond to those comments. So, I just laughed it off. Inside it hurt because it was confirmation that others who saw me, viewed me big. Well, big enough to carry for two. I somehow always shook it off and mustered up a smile through the hurt. Being Filipina American , it is normal in our culture to get these typical comments on one's weight. Either a indirect, "What happened?" or just a blunt, "Why are you so fat?!" Who can relate? 

I know I'm taking it to a very sensitive topic, but it's true. I remember growing up and not really knowing what to think of it. "Should I toughen up?" "Should I do something about it? Like not eat or start exercising?" I was only 10 years old when I began wondering all of this. Knowing what I know now, I would have not taken this lightly because it messed with what little self-esteem I did have. And now that I have two girls of my own to help grow and nurture, I will do everything in my power to protect their little hearts. I will empower and educate them on the reality of having to deal with rude people and at the same time constantly remind them that they are intelligent and beautiful.

My girls know that mommy has made some tremendous changes in the way that we live. I can tell you that they love that mommy is much more active because I can run and play them. I want to instill in my children that living healthy is living happy.





Ultimate Transformation Journey Update....

I will be uploading short clips of my workouts with Jer (my personal trainer).  If you haven't already, check out officialfitnessmama on YouTube as I vlog my experience. My weight loss journey has been incredible, but now I'm taking my health and body to the next level.




This is just an example of one of my workouts with my trainer.  After a grueling weight resistance training, I find strength to finish the last part of our workout session.  I did burpees with ankle weights and a weighted ball. It continues into step overs and kettle bells... then, into the heisman move. 3 rounds of all of these... my trainer kicks my butt every time!  Sometimes I wonder how I get through the last part of our workout session AND THEN, still finish off with the treadmill or stairmaster.  I have to admit, just when I think I have no more to give... my second wind kicks in though! That's when I feel unstoppable!  #beastmode 

1 comment:

  1. I just watched your vid. OMG Christelyn you are a beast! Those burpees alone look tough. I'm afraid I would fall flat on my face.

    ReplyDelete