Tuesday, November 26, 2013

#TransformationTuesday


Since I started my journey back in Nov 2011, I've lost over 70+ lbs and now have muscle definition.

Tonight, I found a photo only less than a year apart from each other. I was at AMAZED how DIFFERENT I looked in these two photos w/ the SAME shirt on. Yes, to some the differences may be subtle... But to me, I can see that my face is more defined, my shirt is a lot looser, & my posture... well, the way I carry myself shows a lot more confidence. My healthier, more active lifestyle has made me appreciate all the hard work I've endured to get here. And it shows right? Discipline and food. Discipline and exercise. These 2 NEVER came easy for me. The mental challenges I had to face and OVERCOME were brutal all by itself let alone the physical. From sitting on the couch and HATING to RUN to completing a FULL 26.2 mile marathon. From cutting the inside of my sleeves to the bottom sides of my scrub tops (so they could fit) to being comfortable in practically any piece of clothing I try on. From eating white rice, fried EVERYTHING, pizza and fries w/ ranch, oreo shakes, caramel fraps w/ EXTRA caramel, & potato chips to......brown rice, lean meats, veggies, salsa, fruit smoothies, almonds, & constantly trying to find healthy recipes. It's NEVER too late to learn and it's NEVER too late to start! Ask yourself, "How bad do I want to change?" and "WHY?" Find your WHY and start there. That will be your motivation. 

My WHY are my GIRLS. I want to be around when they get older, I want to be able to play w/ them while their young, & I want to be a healthy role model for them to follow . You live only one life. You can't change your past, but you can definitely create your own future!

No comments:

Post a Comment