Tuesday, October 29, 2013

#TransformationTuesday



August 2009, I was Matron of Honor for my gorgeous friend's wedding. Stunning wedding, stunning couple♡. 

During this time, I was a full-time nursing student, working part-time, and on a mission to fulfill my MOH duties! Just like most of you mamas, I had a goal to lose weight prior to the big event. I didn't have a specific number of lbs I wanted to lose.. I just wanted to lose weight. Being a busy wife and mom, I didn't make myself priority whatsoever. Now adding school, work, and MOH duties in the mix... it felt nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find the time to do what I was set out to do- which was to lose weight. When the wedding was soon approaching, I searched for quick fixes. I desperately tried the following: the cabbage soup diet, the Atkins diet, & the Master Cleanse. Bad as these fad diets were, they all worked... but only temporarily. I lost about 10-15 lbs, but then gained the weight right back plus some! I became frustrated, depressed, & stressed! I came to the realization it wasn't going to happen for me. So, I just dealt with it. At this point, I was use to failing and just accepting it for what it was.

I've come a long way since then. NO MORE excuses, NO MORE pity parties, NO MORE shortcuts! The key to losing weight successfully and KEEPING it off is to do it the 'old fashion' way- learning, then maintaining healthy eating habits + exercise! Do this and I promise you not only will you lose weight, but the journey itself will transform you. #mind #body #spirit #fitnessmama

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

It's NEVER TOO LATE to make a CHANGE... Strive to be Healthy & Happy  



Connect with us!

If you have been following us on social media, you might have already caught the series of vlogs that we shared recently.  In case you haven't here is what you missed!  First, read about my Ultimate Transformation Journey and what it's all about by clicking here.  A summary of my journey during week 1 and week 2 are below!

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment