Thursday, May 23, 2013

Weekly Running Posts


Hi guys!  It's Christina.

Once a week, we hope to write a post all about running.  Past race reports, training, running gear, ups and downs with the running, etc.  I've been running for about a year and a half and I feel like there is still plenty of room for improvement.  I feel like I've conditioned my body to run long distances but am I FAST?  Hell no.  My pace is really slow and I'd like to work to improve this somehow one day.

So my next running event is the See Jane Run Half Marathon.  I've done this race once before (last year) and it was a wonderful experience.  I would totally recommend this race to everyone.  From the online registration to the post race finish line bash, everything just goes so smoothly.  This is a women's run; women from all levels of fitness participate and are all so supportive of each other.  If you've never done a race before, this is the most perfect one to try out first.  I have no doubt you will be inspired to keep going to even more race events.



The course is an easier one in that it is completely flat.  The race is in Alameda (an island) so a lot of the course is along the water.  Hello, cool ocean breeze!  Last year the day of the race was sunny and clear and so we were fortunate enough to get that million dollar view of San Francisco towards the end of the course.    The view is stunning.

Me on the course last year.  Right behind me is the beach!  

Training for See Jane Run is not going as well as I would like.  The kids' schedules are so hectic right now that it is really challenging for me to find time to get out there and run.  Right now, I'm running maybe 2-3 times a week and then try (key word: try.  As in, it doesn't always happen! oops.) to fit a long run in on the weekends.  The race is on June 8th.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.  


I wanted to quickly talk about this Nike Run.  It's another race geared towards women.  This is the race where you get that gorgeous Tiffany necklace as your medal.  Team GIG is going to enter as a group.  Let me know in the comments if you guys are interested in getting into this race with Team GIG!  There are so many that want to get into this race that Nike does it by a lottery system.  If our team gets chosen in the lottery, then we ALL get in and we can run the race together.  Wouldn't that be awesome?!  I'll update you guys on when the registration opens.  Be sure to follow us on Facebook to stay in the loop.  For now, some pictures from last year's race....


Taken at the start line.  It was still dark when we lined up and we waited for the race to start as the sun rose.
SF is known for its hills.  And there are definitely some on the course!
Christelyn did the full.  I did the half.  


2 comments:

  1. I want to enter with you guys!! I don't think I'm doing see Jane run I sold my bib the kids schedules are nutty!! But nike yes please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria! So sad I wont see you for SJR. But we'll do NIKE! And maybe a shorter distance run in between!

    ReplyDelete